Keeping Your Home Safe
Brown's Lock Shop & Maintenance is dedicated to keeping all of our customers, whether they be residential, commercial, or industrial, safe and secure. We pride ourselves in offering the best locksmith services in the Berkshires, but we also like to share valuable tips and facts that can help keep you safe, especially in your home.
Tips for Staying Safe in Your Home!
- Even you if do not have a security system installed your house, it can be a good idea to place a security system decal in your window. A potential intruder may see this and have second thoughts about entering.
- Make sure any yard workers or property maintenance employees are trustworthy, or reschedule any appointments at your home they may have for when you are there. Others who have access to your home may unlatch door or window locks for entry later when the house is empty.
- Leaving for a few days or more for vacation? Have a reliable neighbor gather your mail each day to prevent it from piling up outside of your house. Mail and newspapers are an easy tip off that there is no one home.
- Rethink that mail slot! Mail slots installed in your front door often go against the wood grain and weaken the door, making it easier to break down or kick in. Opt for a mailbox in front of your home instead.
- Keep your car keys next to your bed at night. If you are worried about a potential intruder in your home or hear something suspicious at night, grab your car keys from the nightstand and hit the panic button-- your car alarm will go off, startling the intruder and most likely making them immediately run in the opposite direction.
While the list goes on and on, these are a few suggestions that we always find to be helpful and important for homeowners to remember. We value each customer and their safety. Contact us today with any questions you may have, and always remember us should you need locksmith services!